Visit Our Licensed Massage Therapist at Our Goose Creek Chiropractic and Wellness Clinic
Massage Therapy in Goose Creek, SC: Massage is a “hands-on” treatment in which a therapist manipulates muscles and other soft tissues of the body to improve health and well-being. Varieties of massage range from gentle stroking and kneading of muscles and other soft tissues to deeper manual techniques.
Massage has been practiced as a healing therapy for centuries in nearly every culture around the world. It helps relieve muscle tension, reduce stress and evoke feelings of calmness. Although massage affects the body as a whole, it particularly influences the activity of the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems.
Massage Therapy Has Many Therapeutic Benefits Beyond Relaxation
In general, massage is believed to support healing, boost energy, reduce recovery time after an injury, ease pain and enhance relaxation, mood, and well-being. It is useful for many musculoskeletal problems such as low back pain, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, sprains and strains. Massage may also relieve depression in people with chronic fatigue syndrome, ease chronic constipation (when the technique is performed in the abdominal area), alleviate sleep disorders and improve self-image.
Natural Pain Relief with Therapeutic Massage
Massage is commonly associated with stress relief – a benefit that has genuine therapeutic value. Massage involves pressing, rubbing and manipulating skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments ranging from light strokes to deep pressure.
An estimated 90 percent of all diseases are related to elevated stress levels, and stress often leads to headaches, muscle aches and other painful conditions. We often don’t recognize how tense our muscles are because we are caught up in our daily lives. It isn’t until we are in pain that we stop to rub our necks or backs. Relaxing tight muscles through massage can relieve painful symptoms due to tension.
Massage Therapy can Help with Conditions Such as:
- Low Back Pain
- Joint & Muscle Stiffness
- Anxiety and Depression
- Post Operative Complication
- Acute Soft Tissue Issues
- Chronic Overuse Injuries and Muscle Spasms
Tension, chronic posture problems and spinal misalignment often occur together. Relaxing tight muscles through massage can relieve stress while also making muscles more responsive to chiropractic adjustments. Many patients at Kidd Chiropractic and Wellness schedule a massage session prior to their chiropractic appointment.
Types of Massage Therapy at Kidd Chiropractic and Wellness
Different types of massage therapy offer different healing properties. Depending on your particular health challenge or injury, you may benefit from techniques such as:
- Swedish Massage – Swedish massage is the familiar form you may have seen in spas. The use of light-pressure strokes stimulates blood flow and lymphatic drainage while also relaxing superficial muscle groups.
- Deep Tissue Massage – As the name suggests, deep tissue massage manipulates tissues at a deeper level than Swedish massage by employing more forceful strokes. This technique can free up the painful muscle knots and internal scarring that can cause chronic pain.
- Trigger Point Massage – Tight spots in the body called trigger points can refer pain signals to other areas of the body. Trigger point therapy can loosen these areas of tissue and relieve your symptoms.
- Sports Massage – Sports massage is the application of massage techniques to the parts of the body that receive the most use in your chosen activity. Our massage therapist can use it to loosen your muscles before a competition or help you heal from a recent injury.
- Pregnancy Massage – Pregnancy massage is a safe, gentle way to reduce the discomforts caused by the physical changes of expectant motherhood. We can help you experience less pain and edema while aiding your (and your baby’s) health.
Meet Nicole Sammons, Our Licensed Massage Therapist
After completing over 800 hours of massage education in Colorado, Nicole moved to South Carolina. She has training in Hot Stone, Reflexology and Crainal Sacral Therapy. Nicole has been a massage therapist for 8 years and had been working with Kidd Chiropractic and Wellness for the last 6 months.